We achieve transformational outcomes through public relations, public affairs, strategic communications and fundraising and development.
Development & Fundraising
Your successes should be in the headlines, and we’re here to make that happen. When you need your story to pop, K2 & Company’s Public Relations services help navigate the media cycle, execute media pitching, and secure coverage for your story in local, state, and national media.
The K2 & Company team brings years of experience making stories come alive in local, state, and national media. We know how important it is to not only tell the story well, but tell it to the right audiences to capitalize on every opportunity. From media training and talking points, to pitching and placement, K2 will make sure that your story reaches the biggest and best audiences for your goals.
Public Relations services at K2 include:
- Media training and messaging strategy
- Comprehensive pitching and story placement
- Media relationship management
- Written content production
You have a message to share and a story to tell. Whether it’s issue advocacy, building thought leadership or growing your brand, a smart, strategic master communications plan will ensure you can seize every opportunity to elevate your voice.
Communication is a critical part of every organization, and understanding your strengths, message, messengers and best avenues to communicate with customers, policymakers, press and/or the public is vital to building your brand and thought leadership. We help identify the best tactics, target audiences, messengers and platforms to communicate effectively and accomplish your goals. Innovative thinking and a metric-based approach means you can measure success and see results every step of the way.
Every client and project is unique, but strategic communications services K2 & Co. offer include:
- Auditing current communications and marketing practices to identify strengths, weaknesses and where we can help you tap into new opportunities
- Crafting comprehensive media and communications plans that identify roles, timelines, targets and tactics that will elevate thought leadership, create efficiencies, mitigate risk and reach your target audience
- Providing both internal and external communication services so you have the right message inside and outside your organization
- Helping identify and execute in moments where you can lift up your message, grow your brand and stand out
We know that power comes from the people. Your success at the ballot box, in the legislature, or in the media can be determined by how successful you are at engaging people who care about you to talk about you. We understand how people, politics, and advocacy tie together, and we understand how the interplay between the three can lead to your success or failure.
At K2 & Co., we build successful coalitions to win issue and political campaigns, influence public policy decisions, and develop broad-based support for diverse interests. Everyone defines public affairs differently, but regardless of the definition, any successful public affairs initiative starts from the ground up and ends with building support to accomplish your objectives. We use a variety of strategies and tactics unique to every project, including but not limited to the following:
- Coalition building and management
- Advocacy planning and coordination
- Building thought leadership and community support
- Campaign planning, development, and management
- Legislative strategy and execution
- Grassroots and grasstops engagement
Fundraising is no easy task, but doing it right can mean more money in the bank for your business or organization. We develop fundraising programs to match donor intention with the organizations they want to fund. Donors want to feel good about what they are funding. At K2 we provide the essential tools to help you identify prospective funders and connect with them to build an engaged donor base. We have the ability to fit whatever your program needs are, whether it be consulting to build you a complete strategic development plan or partnering with you in day-to-day operations. If you are looking for help to find quick money for your group, we are not the firm for you.
We help you create development plans that are complex enough to express the company’s mission, goals and challenges but simple enough to be used every day by staff and donors to advance your organization. We use a variety of strategies and tactics unique to every project. Some of our key fundraising components include:
- Strategic development planning: For every client we will tailor a strategic development plan, refining it every six months.
- Foundation and Grant Management: Including prospective research profiles, grant writing and grant submission
- Database (CRM) Management: We use a variety of vendors but have preferred vendors we recommend for specific clients. A CRM is a must have for any organization looking to raise money.
- Back office support: Including thank you process, data entry, check deposit, bank reconciliation.
- Donor call sheet preparation: Consistency is key when raising money. We work with our clients to consistently make donor outreach a priority every week. We prepare the call sheets with donor information and background for each of our clients.
- Donor meetings: K2 manages a portfolio of philanthropists we work with to connect them to causes they wish to support. K2 attends meetings and also sets up and prepares clients for donor meetings.
- Prospective donor research: Our goal is to connect donor intent to our clients mission. We do the research in advance to ensure they are a good fit for our clients.
- Online fundraising: We oversee digital fundraising vendors. We’ve managed multi-million dollar efforts from email to social fundraising. We tailor our recommendations based on the budget and goals provided.
- Direct mail fundraising: We oversee direct mail vendors. We’ve managed direct mail efforts for our clients and ensure the ROI is met. We tailor our recommendations based on the budget and goals provided.
- Board Management: K2 works with nonprofit boards to ensure they are engaging their networks for the board they serve on.
The team at K2 has managed hundreds of events from large 1000+ galas to small house parties. Our political experience has lended us the opportunity to oversee many political functions including rallies and speeches. Events take an intense attention to detail with a big picture view to ensure everything goes smoothly. Some of the key tasks K2 manages when it comes to events include:
- Event planning services
- Venue selection
- Audio visual coordination
- Table placement and seating
- Auction set up and management
- CRM and event digital services
- Invitation design
- Emcee recommendations
- Auctioneer recommendations
- Event budget management
Who We Work With
© K2 & CO | All Rights Reserved // 161 St. Anthony Ave Suite 935, St Paul, MN 55103