Our Core Values
GO ABOVE & BEYOND EXPECTATIONS
Loyal & Dependable
POSITIVE ENERGY & HIGH INTENSITY WORK ETHIC
Meet Our Team
Kirsten has unequaled communication, public relations and public affairs experience. She’s a professional strategist who has excelled in all types of high exposure communications. Seasoned. Fast on her feet. Pressure tested. Through her vast experience in national and statewide politics, non-profit development, and corporate public relations, Kirsten has established a reputation as a leader who can recommend the right communication strategy for every situation, no matter how unique.
Before starting K2, Kirsten led communications on some of the highest profile political campaigns in the country giving her unmatched experience in the political process and access to leaders up to the highest offices in the U.S. Kirsten’s communications experience brought her from the House of Representatives to a successful U.S. Senate campaign. She also served for five years as the National Press Secretary for a National Political Committee. She served as Communications Director for a presidential campaign before leading the communications operations for a 2016 National Convention. Kirsten accepted a fellowship at the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics where she taught a course called “The American Political Playbook – Can’t Live With It, Can’t Live Without It,” analyzing the 2016 election.
She has unmatched experience in crisis communications, media relations, communications planning and strategy, grassroots advocacy, social media campaigns, media placement, opposition research, media booking, media training and writing.
Kirsten now uses her understanding of the political process and connections to help companies, nonprofits and associations navigate tough situations whether it’s building an advocacy campaign or developing a communications strategy.
- Hometown: Elk River, Minnesota
- Personal Motto: Get to Yes. Work Hard, Play Hard
- Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
- Favorite Quote: “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- Favorite Sport: I grew up playing softball year-round and love the game. As a spectator, I love watching baseball.
- Dream Client: Minnesota Twins
- Favorite show to binge watch: Criminal Minds
- Favorite Podcast: Missing in Alaska
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A trip to Hawaii
- Where would we find you in your free time: Reading, working out, watching a sporting events
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I walked onto the crew team in college.
Kristen is a development and fundraising expert who brings nearly two decades of experience to work for her clients. She creates transformational change, helping clients navigate donors, fundraising, grants and relationship building. Whether it’s a statewide political candidate seeking election or a nonprofit looking to spread and grow in their mission, Kristen is unparalleled in finding success through a combination of big picture thinking and executing tactics down to the smallest detail.
Kristen has led fundraising teams and coordinated raising tens of millions of dollars over the past decade. Her fundraising expertise stems from years of experience building comprehensive development plans and coordinating fundraising for political clients and nonprofits. Whether it’s fundraising, grassroots or engaging media to build thought leadership and gain positive exposure, Kristen is a focused achiever who excels in developing and executing clear, organized plans to achieve measurable results and long-term sustainability.
Kristen spent her teenage years volunteering hours at local mission driven organizations – and it’s where she learned that she has a passion for helping others and making a difference. She knew she wanted to bring that mission-driven work into a career. She cut her political and fundraising teeth on campaigns in the early 2000s and then spent time growing and leading in public affairs and development work before starting K2 & Co. in 2017.
- Hometown: Youngstown, Ohio
- Personal Motto: If at first you don’t succeed – try again!
- Favorite Book: The Go Giver, Mans Search for Meaning (by far my favorite!)
- Favorite Quote: “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way” – Viktor Frankl
- Favorite Sport: I don’t play a sport, I rarely watch sports unless my son is playing, but I do love all things PiYo (Pilates + Yoga) and Turbokick that I teach them in my spare time
- Dream Client: Beachbody, Clean Wine Company or Godiva Chocolate
- Favorite show to binge watch: I’m documentary obsessed now and Beachfront Bargain Hunt
- Favorite Podcast: NPR How I Built This, The Chalene Show for all things health and business, Entreleadership, The John Maxwell Podcast
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A home on St. John
- Where would we find you in your free time: Always with my family…..and in PiYo studio or by the water (Caribbean, Pacific, St. Croix River, Lake Erie or pile of snow in my backyard!)
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I’m equal parts health nut and food junkie. Following a trip to the yoga studio…pizza, chocolate and wine would make a perfect meal for me!
Brittany joined K2 & Co as the Senior Communications Director to help candidates and political action committees across the country with social media planning, interview preparation, media training, and day-to-day communications operations. She brings years of experience in political communications and a deep understanding of the legislative process. Whether writing, editing, pitching, or interviewing, Brittany has worked with local and national press across the country.
After attending college at Villanova University, she went on to work on Capitol Hill, where she served as a staff assistant, legislative correspondent, and communications director to various Members of Congress over four years. After leaving Capitol Hill, Brittany joined the Administration and worked in the Communications Department at the White House where she supported Governors’ offices, Cabinet Secretaries and agencies, as well as House and Senate offices with press releases, op-eds, and the distribution of talking points to ensure consistent messaging. Following the Administration, she joined the RNC where she helped state parties with social media planning, media relations, and best practices for operating a communications shop.
Prior to joining K2, Brittany was the spokesperson and communications director for a U.S. Senate race, managing and executing the campaign’s day-to-day communication’s operations. She is a detail oriented, team player committed to providing quality messaging and communications support to her clients.
- Hometown: Wilmington, Delaware
- Personal Motto: Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it to happen, and take steps to make it happen.
- Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Favorite Quote: “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- Favorite Sport: I was a dancer and a runner growing up, but as a spectator, I enjoy watching hockey and football
- Dream Client: Any fashion company
- Favorite show to binge watch: New Girl
- Favorite Podcast: Ruthless
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A one way ticket to somewhere exotic
- Where would we find you in your free time: Relaxing, working out, or exploring new restaurants
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I don’t have any first cousins
Chelsea helps her clients navigate the complex worlds of media, political engagement and issue advocacy, delivering meaningful results.
At K2 & Co. she manages a variety of clients, specializing in health care, agriculture, energy issues, community-based nonprofits, and creating and executing strategic communications plans. In her time at K2, she has hosted numerous congressional roundtables on behalf of several national trade associations, planned and executed a recruiting event for a global retail giant, provided communication director services for a local association, and collaborated with numerous Fortune 500s to build thought leadership on behalf of coalitions and issue advocacy efforts.
Chelsea is a skilled public relations, public affairs and communications professional known for building relationships with press, policymakers and grasstops and grassroots advocates, tailoring messaging to fit brands and engage diverse audiences, and creating compelling media narratives. She has extensive experience building coalitions, helping clients through strategic and crisis communications planning, and preparing leaders to engage with media.
Before joining K2, Chelsea started her career as a communications intern for a gubernatorial campaign in 2010. She then joined the Minnesota House of Representatives where she spent eight years, including five years as a communications specialist. She graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a Bachelor of Journalism in advertising and political science.
- Hometown: Woodbury, Minnesota
- Personal Motto: Travel often
- Favorite Book: So hard to choose! Harry Potter, anything Neil Gaiman, Pride and Prejudice, Odd Thomas…
- Favorite Quote: “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” – Oscar Wilde
- Favorite Sport: Football. Go Patriots!
- Dream Client: The New England Patriots or an animal rescue charity
- Favorite show to binge watch: Arrested Development or Bob’s Burgers
- Favorite Podcast: I think I am the only person left who hasn’t gotten into podcasts yet. Taking recommendations!
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A plane ticket!
- Where would we find you in your free time: By the pool in the summer, watching football on Sundays, or binging a good TV show when it is too cold outside.
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I have no musical talent of any kind!
Justin brings years of experience in campaign and non-profit communications. Whether writing, editing, pitching, or interviewing, Justin has worked with press across the country on campaigns and issues with national visibility.
At K2, Justin’s work has spanned 10 states in the greater midwest and beyond, bringing clients wins in their media outreach and grassroots efforts. Whether it’s coalition building, securing local media coverage, or landing a national booking, Justin has done it all for his clients.
His start in communications came in the form of regional press outreach on a 2016 presidential primary campaign, gaining experience writing, pitching, and working closely with reporters to tell the candidate’s story. From there, he joined a National Convention team, a college-engagement driven political committee, and a gubernatorial campaign before making a switch to non-profit work.
Prior to joining K2, Justin was a part of a Chicago-based non-profit and was tasked with developing a strategic initiative to better tell the stories of the children and families they serve. He is an energetic, focused team player committed to providing quality messaging and communications support to his clients.
- Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
- Personal Motto: Trust your Gut
- Favorite Book: My Losing Season by Pat Conroy
- Favorite Quote: “The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long” – Lao Tse, Tao Te Ching
- Favorite Sport: To watch, football, but to play – Water Polo
- Dream Client: The Philadelphia Eagles
- Favorite show to binge watch: Guy’s Grocery Games
- Favorite Podcast: More of an Audiobook guy
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5 of Goldfinger fame (though I’d have to learn to drive stick first)
- Where would we find you in your free time: Working on the house or laying around with my cats, Banana and Peanut Butter
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I’m an expert on all things Batman
Preya has spent nearly a decade telling stories through various lenses in the political field. A hardened communications professional, she has experience working in statewide and national politics.
Having worked with state parties, statewide candidates, and national campaigns from the Dakotas to Ohio, she has developed a deep understanding of how to navigate complex political landscapes and deliver results.
Throughout her career, she has constructed strategic communications plans, created compelling content, built and executed events to coalesce support for a number of political candidates, generate media narratives, and has prioritized building relationships with grassroots activists and the media.
Before joining K2, Preya spent five years on the regional team of the RNC where she supported candidates for statewide and federal office across the Midwest, and helped lead the national party’s state response throughout the 2020 Iowa caucuses. Before that, she spent time covering state politics as a journalist and worked on a few campaigns in Minnesota. She graduated from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities with dual degrees in Political Science and Sociology, with a focus on Law, Crime, and Deviance and has her Masters in Strategic Public Relations from George Washington University.
- Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
- Personal Motto: People are like puzzles, they take time and patience to understand.
- Favorite Book: Chronicles of Narnia and Little House Series
- Favorite Quote: “You can often change your circumstances by changing our attitude.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Favorite Sport: Football
- Dream Client: The NFL’s Super Bowl Division
- Favorite Show to Binge Watch: Community, Veep, and Criminal Minds
- Favorite Podcast: Morbid, Bone Valley, and American History Tellers
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A 10-acre farm not far from the ocean
- Where would we find you in your free time: Reading, doing something in the yard with my dog, or casually wandering around Target with Starbucks.
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I sing and play a few instruments.
Allison helps her clients leverage the right tools and platforms to achieve meaningful engagement and increase brand awareness. She is a detail-oriented and data-driven communications professional with vast experience in the digital media industry.
Driven by results, Allison takes pride in providing creative and effective solutions to reach your target audience. She is constantly adapting to the ever changing digital landscape.
Before joining K2, Allison started her career at Center of the American Experiment, Minnesota’s leading public policy institution. There she helped build up a communications marketing machine that reached more people than ever before.
She graduated from Emerson College in Boston, MA, with a Bachelor of Science in Political Communication and a minor in Journalism.
- Hometown: Greenville, SC
- Personal Motto: “The grass is greener where you water it.”
- Favorite Book: “The Goldfinch” by Donna Tartt
- Favorite Quote: “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- Favorite Sport: Hockey
- Dream Client: Chick-Fil-A
- Favorite show to binge watch: The Office or Parks and Recreation
- Favorite Podcast: The Ruthless Variety Progrum
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A beach house
- Where would we find you in your free time: Reading, traveling, keeping up on the latest trends
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: When people ask me where I’m from I always have trouble answering! I have lived in 6 different states and now Minnesota. My favorite place is South Carolina where I was born, but the coolest place was Alaska. I usually say to people I’m just from America!
Anika joined K2 & Co as an Account Executive and is always eager to provide the best service to her clients. She has a passion for finding new, creative, and innovative strategies to ensure her client’s message reaches new audiences and builds awareness.
While attending Arizona State University for a degree in Mass Communications and Media Studies and a minor in Political Science, Anika started her career in politics and issue advocacy. During this time she served various state parties and federal, state, and local campaigns where she gained valuable experience in social media management, placing letters to the editor, and media strategies that she now brings to our team.
Most recently, she worked as a Policy Assistant for an organization in Minnesota. During her time there she researched and tracked legislation, advocated for policies, built relationships with legislators, and organized round tables. Her passion in advocacy comes from her desire to share the stories from advocates that can shape and change policies both at the state and federal level.
Anika can’t wait to work with clients and showcase her creativity, attention to detail, and communication skills that make her a valuable asset to any team!
- Hometown: Saint Michael, Minnesota
- Personal Motto: Set goals, then surpass them
- Favorite Book: “Small Great Things” by Jodi Picoult
- Favorite Quote: “It’s not what you achieve, it’s what you overcome. That’s what defines your career” – Carlton Fisk
- Favorite Sport: Lacrosse. I grew up playing, and now I am my sister’s biggest fan.
- Dream Client: The Georgia Swarm Lacrosse Team (formerly Minnesota Swarm)
- Favorite show to binge-watch: Gilmore Girls or House of Cards
- Favorite Podcast: Wrong About Everything, Ruthless
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A house on the lake and a boat
- Where would we find you in your free time: On the lake, reading, hanging out with friends and family
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I used to play the violin.
Brenna has spent the last decade of her career working for various non-profits focusing on event planning logistics and fundraising. She has experience planning gala’s, walk/runs, stair climbs, golf events, award celebrations, annual meetings, local community events, intimate donor gatherings, and many more. Brenna also has experience working with various event committees and boards and has a strong history of organizing event day volunteers.
Brenna started her career planning client appreciation events, financial workshops, and surprise and delight opportunities for a national financial firm. Brenna also worked as a premium club host for the Minnesota Vikings.
Brenna has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations with a minor in Business Administration from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota located in Winona, Minnesota.
- Hometown: Kasson, MN
- Personal Motto: Whatever you are be a good one – Abraham Lincoln
- Favorite Book: The Pillars of the Earth – Ken Follett
- Favorite Quote: Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. – Maya Angelou
- Favorite Sport: I am into sports food! I Love the Twins because I get to be outside with my family otherwise, whatever my boys are playing at any given time.
- Dream Client: Bravo
- Favorite show to binge watch: Ted Lasso, Welcome to Wrexham, Bravo, The Kardashians & Food Network
- Favorite Podcast: Best Friend Energy, Back to the Beach with Kristin and Stephen
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A Vineyard in Sonoma
- Where would we find you in your free time: Spending time in our backyard with my family.
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I enjoy learning to make and perfect traditional recipes, dishes
- I love, and things that look good on the food network.
Elizabeth has more than 15 + years experience in recruiting, public relations and marketing, working with top agencies and corporations in the Twin Cities. As a development consultant, she advises clients on development, grass roots and fundraising needs using her relationship building, writing, and public relations background.
- Hometown: Eden Prairie, MN
- Personal Motto: “We must become the change we wish to see in the world. “ Gandhi
- Favorite Book: “Where the Red Fern Grows”
- Favorite Quote: “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself out loud.” Coco Chanel
- Favorite Sport: Downhill Skiing
- Dream Client: Elon Musk, Tesla
- Favorite show to binge watch: News, Antiques Roadshow, Housewives of Beverly Hills
- Favorite Podcast: Adam Carolla
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: Not sure maybe Mercedes convertible
- Where would we find you in your free time: Reading, traveling, skiing
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: When I was a teenager selling corn on the side of the road – for my farmer neighbor — a photographer stopped and took my picture. Later he asked if he could use it for a Cargill advertisement.
I am currently a student at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities majoring in strategic communications with a minor in technical writing. My main area of study is public relations and I plan to graduate in May of 2023. I am originally from Madison where I worked in fundraising and development for a non-profit organization called The Evangelical Catholic before attending the University of Minnesota.
In my free time, I enjoy getting outdoors, whether it be camping, rock climbing, skiing, or any other outdoor activity. I also love exploring the different Minneapolis and St. Paul breweries.
I am incredibly excited to be starting with K2 and Company. I have a great passion for helping clients to communicate their position as clearly and succinctly as possible and I know that I will be able to do so here at K2. I really look forward to diving into projects for our clients that help shape their image and brand.
I am thrilled to be joining the K2 team as an intern this spring. I have already learned so much in my brief time here at K2 and I am looking forward to learning more along the way.
Stacie loves planning events where she’s a master at logistics and keeping trains running on time. She loves the fulfilling experience of working with a team to put an event together behind the scenes and watching the magic unfold. For years she’s worked on grassroots campaigns, starting at the early age of just 13! Now she works with local political organizations helping them increase their membership and finances.
She resides in Cloquet, Minnesota with her husband and three daughters whom they homeschool.
Being part of the K2 team has given her an opportunity to be mentored by a team that is the best in their field and willing to share their knowledge.
- Hometown: Esko, Minnesota
- Personal Motto: Learn from every experience, be vulnerable enough to suck at new things.
- Favorite Book: The Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke
- Favorite Quote: Strive for excellence, not perfection, because we don’t live in a perfect world. – Joyce Meyers
- Favorite Sport: Softball
- Dream Client: NCAA Fastpitch Softball or Taylor Sheridan
- Favorite show to binge watch: Yellowstone
- Favorite Podcast: The Goal Digger
- First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery: A hobby farm with all the animals!
- Where would we find you in your free time: In the kitchen, I love to cook and try new recipes. In the Spring you’ll find me on the softball field as an Assistant Coach.
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I was an All American NJCCA Softball Player
My name is Matt Bohm, and I am the newest addition to the K2 & Co. team! I am currently a junior studying political science and urban/regional studies at Minnesota State University, Mankato. When I graduate college, I would love to work in public relations for either the FBI or CIA, and my position here at K2 is putting me on the right path.
I have a great passion for connecting with others, and examining strategic solutions to overcome any situation. Keeping up with current events and news is very exciting and helps me to stay informed with what is happening around the world. In my past, I have worked on several different political campaigns, delegated for my congressional district, and led various non-profit groups.
When I am not busy with school or work, you can find me doing anything outdoors. I love to bike, go for hikes, canoe, and fish. Golf is another activity that brings me joy. I grew up in Lino Lakes, a small suburb north of the Twin Cities, and that area is what shaped my passion for the outdoors.
I could not be more excited for my new position as a communications specialist at K2. As I briefly mentioned earlier, this role is setting me up for real-world experience for what I will be pursuing after graduation. It will be so fun working with clients to find creative ways to promote their mission. I have already learned so many different aspects of the public relations and public affairs industry, and look forward to gaining more knowledge about the field.
I cannot wait to be part of such a fun and tight-knit team.
© K2 & CO | All Rights Reserved // 314 N 1st Ave, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55401