Public Relations and Public Affairs Spring Internship
Interested in gaining invaluable professional experience and learning how the worlds of politics, public affairs, communications and advocacy come together behind the scenes?
K2 & Company is looking for a paid intern working remote or hybrid. We are a growing Public Relations and Public Affairs agency in the Twin Cities with clients across the Midwest and nationally. Our firm’s services include strategic communications planning and execution, crisis communications, media relations, public affairs advocacy, social media services, media training, campaign consulting, and fundraising and development. We are looking to hire an intern who can multitask and work in a fast-paced environment on local, state and federal public affairs issues. You will gain unparalleled real-world experience if you become part of the K2 team!
Rate and Hours: $20/hour, 20-40 hours/week
Looking for: Juniors, Seniors, Grad Students or recent college graduates
- Support account executives on communications and public affairs projects
- Draft short and long form written materials for clients including press releases, opinion editorials, letters to the editor, and/or social media content
- Work with media on behalf of our clients to pitch and place stories
- Work events from registration to execution
- Help manage CRM databases, press lists and donor information
- Collaborate with influencers, grassroots and grasstops individuals on advocacy projects
- Research projects on behalf of clients
- Help our team brainstorm, strategize, execute and bring results to clients
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work on a wide variety of projects, including some that are political in nature
- Willingness to learn, grow and be part of the K2 team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage sensitive information with a high level of discretion and good judgment
- Previous political, fundraising and/or events experience a plus
*Please note this K2 role will be working on center to right-leaning client political work. You must be comfortable and open to working on projects that align with these values.
Location: The K2 & Co. office is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Contact: Chelsea Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Please send your resume, two writing samples and a cover letter to email@example.com by March 15, 2023.